Sunday, November 11, 2012

RIHANNA

Sandy Relief/Album Listening Party




Those of you who know me, know I'm a HUGE Rihanna fan. Well on Nov. 9th my dreams came true. I landed the opportunity to go to Rihanna's Listening party for her new Album titled "Unapologetic", to be released on Nov. 19th. This day was filled with excitement. The anticipation of possibly meeting her, built up to the extreme by the time I left from work to head over to 40/40 night club.

So we're in after standing in line...in the freezing cold for at least two hours for me, more for some. Was it worth it, you ask? But of course. By the end of the night I was in love with her new album (in which I feel is mostly about Chris Brown) that I can so relate to. I haven't selected my favorite song yet, but "Nobody's Business" feat. Chris Brown is one to look out for ;-).

As Ms. Robin herself (aka Rihanna) entered the 40/40 club,she was rushed by anxiously awaiting fans, such as, myself. I was able to view hugs, to grabs, to gifts being given. I didn't want to be rude and reach out and grab her so I just went back to my previous location and cried like a wuss. Everything was happening so fast and seemed so surreal. I mean I've been literally dreaming about meeting her and trying to get a picture taken with her. So to see the dream come to life...yes I got a little emotional, but I can guarantee I'm 'Unapologetic' for it :-).

I watched from a far. I observed her outfit, her demeanor, and even her stare. Her eyes are gorgeous and express every thought that's going on in her mind. That's one girl who's eyes don't lie. I saw a room filled with excitement as she danced a little and sang a little. And then disappeared into a private room, leaving us fan to wonder if she had left or not. I wondered, but I was hopeful that I would meet her that night so I didn't leave. and then out of no where (almost an hour later) she appeared. She was was getting ready to leave. I saw my opportunity to meet her. I planned it out in my head. I even got up enough courage to ask her friend (in which I observed speaking with RiRi frequently) if she could help me just meet her please, but she said she couldn't. I then saw that most of the crowd was opposite of where I was standing and so security covered that side more, leaving me open and free to yell "RIHANNA", as she then turned and saw my hand out to shake hers. She reached, she shook, and I felt like I conquered the world that very moment. She walked past me and shook my friend's hand as well...and out of nowhere she looks and she says...and I quote "Y'all look DOPE". I could have fell out that very moment. To receive such a compliment from my fashion Idol has left me speechless through today. I've since been told that I have arrived in life after receiving such a compliment from someone so dear to the fashion world.

Well below I am posting the first pic of me waiting in line and a second pic of what I wore and lastly a a video showing me being interviewed by Daily News. Shout out to Daily News for helping my dream come true. This day is one I'll never forget. There were many good causes to take place that day. One, I was able to assist in the Sandy relief by making a donation and secondly I met my favorite girl, Rihanna.




http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/video.html?freewheel=90051&sitesection=nydailynews&VID=23884089

No comments:

Post a Comment